Aptamer Selection scientist
Job Description: We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as our resident aptamer selection expert. This individual will lead the development and deployment of cutting edge technologies to select aptamers for biomarkers in eccrine sweat.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Developing and supporting aptamer related projects to facilitate the technology needed to deliver continuous, washless, reagentless, selective aptamer-based sensors.
- Partnering with external resources to execute aptamer selection against key targets.
- Collaborating with a team of scientists and engineers to integrate aptamer based sensors into a device for medicine, industry, and sport.
- Instigating and implementing hypothesis-driven experiments in aid of efforts to transition basic science discoveries into useful products.
- Understanding the state of the science in this field.
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Building a world class network of academic collaborators to further the state of the science.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related discipline with experience in aptamer selection techniques (experienced B.S. or M.S. considered).
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and application of novel aptamer processes (including selection, characterization, and optimization).
- Strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with team and industry partners.
- An entrepreneurial spirit; enthusiasm and vision about converting cutting-edge science into commercial applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including experience presenting research at conferences and meetings.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively in a quickly evolving environment.
- Motivation, energy, and enthusiasm, with a desire to succeed.
If interested in this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to note "Aptamer Selection Scientist" and attach a PDF of your resume (and/or share your LinkedIn profile). All inquiries are handled confidentially.
Eccrine Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.