Aptamer-Based Biosensor Developer/Research Scientist
Job Description: Eccrine Systems is seeking a full-time aptamer-based biosensor developer to serve as our in-house expert as we advance the field of eccrinology. This individual will lead the development and deployment of cutting edge scientific techniques to enable successful development of aptamer-based biosensors.
Eccrine Systems® is developing non-invasive, electronic wearable systems that measure and transmit real-time data about human sweat. Sweat naturally contains an array of important analytes, including electrolytes, metabolites, amino acids, proteins, and nucleic acids, that provide valuable information about physiological performance and dysfunction. The ability to monitor sweat biomarkers with chronological accuracy is the key to attaining market-enabling improvements in the predictive value of non-invasive wearables data - across a wide spectrum of applications for medicine, industry, and sport
Position: Full-time. Reports to VP Research & Development.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Developing and supporting projects to facilitate the technology needed to deliver continuous, washless, reagentless, selective electrochemical aptamer-based biosensors.
- Collaborating with a team of scientists and engineers to integrate aptamer-based biosensors into a device for medicine, industry, and sport.
- Instigating and implementing hypothesis-driven experiments in aid of efforts to transition basic scientific discoveries into useful products.
- Understanding the state of the science in this field.
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Building a world class network of academic collaborators to further the state of the science.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related discipline with experience in aptamer-based biosensor development (experienced B.S. or M.S. considered).
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and application of biochemistry for aptamer-based electrochemical sensors (preferred); other electrochemical biosensor modalities or experience with eDNA and/or related techniques will be considered.
- Demonstrated research interests with biofluids such as blood, sweat, saliva, respiratory fluid, or tears.
- Experience in leading a multidisciplinary team to achieve technical goals
- Strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with team and industry partners.
- An entrepreneurial spirit; enthusiasm and vision about converting cutting-edge science into commercial applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including experience presenting research at conferences and meetings.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively in a quickly evolving environment.
- Motivation, energy, and enthusiasm, with a desire to succeed.
If interested in this position, please apply below. All inquiries are handled confidentially.