Job Description: We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our R&D Team as a Chemist Intern/Co-Op. This individual will participate in daily laboratory activities to support the development and deployment of cutting edge technologies for the processing and analysis of eccrine sweat.
Position: Part-time. Must be available weekdays during normal business hours.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
The following Job Duties are examples of the type of work the individual will do. Specific work plans are tailored around the skills of the individual and current business needs.
- Independently prepare reagents, analytical standards, and test solutions accurately and precisely.
- Calibrate and maintain lab equipment.
- Maintain and update documentation.
- Support senior scientists in tasks/processes related to the development of biosensors.
- Maintain the laboratory in good working order including proper storage of chemicals, disposal of outdated chemicals, maintaining lab hygiene, and compliance with safety and regulatory requirements.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Requires two years of coursework in Chemistry and currently enrolled in accredited bachelor’s degree program.
- Working knowledge and understanding of data-quality requirements including keeping a formal laboratory notebook and familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to follow standard test methods, component specifications, and laboratory SOPs.
- Wet chemistry and analytical skills pertaining to R&D and laboratory activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills..
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work in time sensitive situations and work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain the QC laboratory in good working order; with proper storage of chemicals, disposal of outdated chemicals, clean lab environment, periodic quality checks of instrumentation and equipment, and compliance with safety and regulatory requirements.
If interested in this position, please apply below. All inquiries are handled confidentially.