Director of Product Development
Job Description: We are seeking a highly-motivated, experienced, entrepreneurial individual to join our commercial team to lead our product development efforts for our cutting edge Sweatronics® platform. The successful candidate will have a track record of successfully taking refined, functioning prototypes through a stage gated product development process into manufacturing. The Director of Product Development will manage the design and development of new products as well as product changes and enhancements. The successful candidate will be responsible for building a functional organization that has the capabilities and capacities to meet the business needs.
Position: Full-time. Reports to SVP of Commercialization.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Manage device/system development programs from refined, functioning prototypes through design, validation, market/clinical trials, product release, as well as sustaining engineering and post launch product management.
- Interface with Marketing, Quality, R&D Engineering, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Translational/Clinical, outside vendors, partners to develop the next generation products.
- Build, develop and manage a cross-functional product development team.
- Provide technical leadership to product development staff. Coordinate and update staff on goals, objectives and time constraints of projects.
- Identify and ensure area of technical responsibility complies with the most current international technical standards.
- Ensure departmental staff is appropriately trained in current industry technology, US and International requirements and company practices and procedures.
- Take a leadership position in development processes, efficient use of prototyping resources, standards and methodologies, and prioritization of business objectives.
- Implementation of engineering best-practices including appropriate tools and processes.
- Lead Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) efforts, anticipating impacts to downstream production lines to consistently produce high quality products.
- Process orientation; demonstrated ability to develop repeatable processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development.
- Project management skills; will have demonstrated the ability to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in device product development with a strong background in design control. Medical device industry experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences. MBA or MS a plus.
- Strong leadership skills coupled with an excellent management history with multidisciplinary engineering teams.
- History of partnering with partners, customers, and colleagues to identify unmet needs and working with the product development team to develop solutions.
- Experience advancing products from refined, functioning prototypes through product development to commercialization.
- Knowledge of CAD, ERP/MRP Systems, Risk Management, Software Requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and applicable Quality and Regulatory System Standards.
- An entrepreneurial spirit; enthusiasm and vision about converting cutting edge science into commercial applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If interested in this position, please apply below. All inquiries are handled confidentially.