Embedded Systems Technology Leader
Job Description: Eccrine Systems is seeking a full time Embedded Systems Technology Leader to serve as a member of our development team to advance the field of eccrinology. The Embedded Systems Technology Leader is responsible for the design and development of electronic hardware and related firmware and software from inception, through testing, and into commercialization. The successful candidate will also be responsible for overall leadership, development, and delivery of high quality electronics design for the R&D Organization. This role will require you to actively collaborate with our world class technical staff to solve challenging problems. The Embedded Systems Technology Leader directs a small team of people that execute the design, development, test, and integration of complex embedded hardware/firmware systems.
Position: Full-time. Reports to VP of Research & Development.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Lead the electronics team through the entire product development life cycle, utilizing common practices, methodologies, and processes/tools
- Execute project plans and deliver on team and individual commitments. Work closely with the Software development group, project managers, and other technical leads to ensure on-time delivery of tasks
- Identify and implement continuous improvements for the hardware department on Products, Technologies, Processes, Tools, Methods, and Functional Competencies
- Manage the resources within the electronics engineering team. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance. Provide coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Deliver critical, timely communication to the leadership team on electronics development and delivery
- Develop or identify tools and methods that allow reutilization of designs
- Participate in the high-level architecture and design of electronic systems
- Successfully communicates appropriate project information to cross functional teams and management
- Execute hands-on work as needed
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred), Computer Science/Engineering, or a related field; 5-10 years experience as an engineer; 2+ years supervisory or leadership experience preferred
- Ability to handle complex multi-task environments and successfully lead technical development teams
- Ability to conduct critical design reviews, identify technical risks and develop/execute risk mitigation strategies and approaches
- Willingness to accept high degree of uncertainty, jump in and help wherever needed, and wear multiple hats in an early stage startup
- Electronics design experience, schematic entry, PCB layout and assembly supervision, board debug and system integration; deep understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains with the ability to leverage this understanding to support team as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with team and industry partners
- An entrepreneurial spirit; enthusiasm and vision about converting cutting-edge science into commercial applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivation, energy, and enthusiasm, with a desire to succeed
If interested in this position, please apply below. All inquiries are handled confidentially.