Job Description: Are you looking to be a part of an organization that is innovative, collaborative, and cutting edge? Are you the kind of person that likes to be valued for the skills and knowledge that you bring and also be learning something new every day? Do you have the desire to build something meaningful for end users? If so, we are looking for you! We are seeking a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial Hardware Engineer to join our team. This individual will support the development and deployment of cutting edge technologies for the processing and analysis of eccrine sweat into commercial applications. The Hardware Engineer is responsible for the design and development of electronic hardware from inception, through testing, and into commercialization.
Position: Full-time. Reports to VP of Research & Development.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Identify and implement continuous improvements for the hardware department on Products, Technologies, Processes, Tools, Methods, and Functional Competencies to meet our customer’s requirements in the most competitive manner
- Successfully communicates appropriate project information to cross functional teams and management
- Design low-level schematics and PCB layouts with industry standard tools such as Altium
- Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing, cost) and development (schematic design, PCB layout and overall system integration)
- Understand project requirements and translate them into technical requirements to help build system architecture definitions and technology roadmaps
- Solid understanding of size, weight, power, processing resources and cost constraints needed by real-time, embedded wearable platforms.
- Digital and analog circuit design, with a focus on signal integrity and reliability
- Work with suppliers to select components, provide feedback for new component designs
- Perform reliability analysis, performance testing and benchmarking
- Documentation of knowledge production
- Design hardware and firmware for manufacturing test fixtures
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred), Computer Science/Engineering, or a related field; Minimum of 4 years work experience as an engineer
- Electronics design experience, schematic entry, PCB layout and assembly supervision, board debug and system integration; deep understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains
- Ability to conduct critical design reviews, identify technical risks, and develop/execute risk mitigation strategies and approaches
- Experience in using C/C++ programming language a plus
- Is a forward thinker, obsessed with good hardware design and best practices
- Brings passion, innovation and problem solving to every endeavor
- Has a preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and new technology
- Desire to be personally responsible for production-level hardware, leveraging all available tools and resources
- Strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with team and industry partners
- Willingness to accept high degree of uncertainty, jump in and help wherever needed, and wear multiple hats in an early stage organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivation, energy, and enthusiasm, with a desire to succeed
If interested in this position, please apply below. All inquiries are handled confidentially.
Eccrine Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.