Job Description: We are seeking a highly motivated individual to lead the industrial design of rapidly-evolving prototypes for wearable sweat-sensing devices. As our technology at Eccrine Systems matures and develops, we anticipate that this role will be instrumental in early stage R&D concept generation and prototyping, through product commercialization and launch.
Successful candidates will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary product development team for our Sweatronics® platform. Our design process enables designers the ability to work on a concept from initial sketch through refinement, prototyping, and into production. As a member of the product development team, this candidate will work collaboratively to put physical working products together for use in research and commercial applications.
Position: Full-time. Reports to VP of Research & Development.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Duties Include: The following job duties are examples of the type of work the individual will do. Specific work plans are tailored around the skills of the individual and current business needs.
- Creating exceptional design solutions that balance product needs within technical constraints and manufacturing processes.
- Developing product from concept to prototype to final product in partnership with multi-disciplinary development team.
- Considering the ergonomic and human factors associated with optimizing product designs.
- Sketching out ideas and creating renderings to provide better understanding of design ideas; presenting designs and demonstrating prototypes to internal and external resources.
- Driving for excellence in form, architecture, shape, color, material, finish, overall product aesthetics, and Eccrine Systems’ brand development.
- Participating in all aspects of the design process, including but not limited to customer requirements, prototypes, and continuous improvement.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/BA Engineering, Industrial Design, or related degree.
- Software fluency in the latest graphics and business programs.
- Working knowledge of relevant CAD systems or rendering software.
- A portfolio that demonstrates creative excellence, storytelling, problem solving and technical mastery.
- Innovative problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
If interested in this position, please apply below. All inquiries are handled confidentially.
Eccrine Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.