Junior Software Developer
Job Description: Eccrine Systems is seeking a full time junior software engineer to serve as a member of our product development team to advance the field of eccrinology. This individual will support the development and deployment of cutting edge technologies for the processing and analysis of eccrine sweat.
Position: Full-time. Reports to VP Research & Development.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Developing software solutions to meet customer requirements through team and individual efforts
- Participating in the analysis and composition of requirements, design of architectural and component software features, design and implementation of system, design and implementation of test plan, and documentation of final product
- Reviewing code, writing documentation, and following test procedures
- Working alongside SW development and test engineers as part of an agile process to build a user interface for commercial applications
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Hands-on experience with IOS or Android development, database integration, and web applications through coursework or internship
- Experience / familiarity with: NodeJS, Express, Raspberry Pi, Message Bus frameworks, Firebase, MongoDB, Docker / Containers, server admin/maintenance, git
- Strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with team and industry partners
- An entrepreneurial spirit; enthusiasm and vision about converting cutting-edge science into commercial applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively in a quickly evolving environment
- Motivation, energy, and enthusiasm, with a desire to succeed
If interested in this position, please apply below. All inquiries are handled confidentially.
Eccrine Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.