Microfluidics Lab Scientist
Job Description: We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as an integral member of our microfluidics team and advance the field of Eccrinology. This individual will support the development and deployment of cutting edge technologies for the processing and analysis of eccrine sweat. They will engineer structures - including device design, fabrication, and experimentation of those devices in a lab setting.
Position: Full-time. Reports to Senior Research Scientist, Fluid Management.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Developing and supporting microfluidics-related projects to facilitate technology and product development processes.
- Establishing protocols to optimize microfluidic device fabrication.
- Executing hypothesis driven experiments, understanding both theoretical and practical aspects of the experimental design.
- Analyzing experimental data and drawing conclusions that further device designs and applications.
- Collaborating with a team of scientists and engineers to integrate microfluidics into a device for medicine, industry, and sport.
- Understanding the state of the science in this field.
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S. or B.A in one of the following fields required: chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, material science biomedical engineering, or mechanical engineering; candidates with an M.S. in a related field also encouraged to apply.
- Tangible experience in a laboratory research setting with demonstrated innovation required.
- Strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with team and industry partners.
- An entrepreneurial spirit; enthusiasm and vision about converting cutting-edge science into commercial applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively in a quickly evolving environment.
- Motivation, energy, and enthusiasm, with a desire to succeed.
If interested in this position, please apply below. All inquiries are handled confidentially.
Eccrine Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.