Job Description: We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join Eccrine Systems, Inc. to serve as our Patent Agent. This individual will be responsible for patent drafting, filing and document management.
Position: Full-time. Reports to VP of Intellectual Property
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Work with the technical development team to receive and interpret invention disclosures
- Perform prior art searches
- Perform technical specification and claim drafting for complex mechanical devices and methods, including electrical, and biochemical subject areas
- Perform patent filing at the USPTO and PCT
- Monitor prosecution timelines and deadlines
- Assist VP IP in managing patent prosecution
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong background in physics, or engineering (such as chemical, electrical, or biomedical engineering), or a biochemistry-related field
- USPTO-licensed patent agent
- 3+ years of patent agent experience with a firm or in-house
- Proficient in use of Patsnap or other patent search platform, Google application suite, Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and attention to detail
If interested in this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to note "Patent Agent" and attach a PDF of your resume (and/or share your LinkedIn profile). All inquiries are handled confidentially.
Eccrine Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.