Research and Development Co-Op
Job Responsibilities: We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Research and Development Team as an Intern/Co-Op. This individual will participate in daily R&D activities to support the development and deployment of cutting edge technologies for the processing and analysis of eccrine sweat.
Position: Part-time*. Reports to VP Research & Development.
*All of our Summer 2018 Co-op positions have been filled. We encourage you to apply if you are looking for positions in fall of 2018 or spring of 2019.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Independently design and conduct experiments that may include:
- Prepare test solutions, reagents, analytical standards with accuracy and precision.
- Calibrate and maintain lab equipment.
- Device characterization and testing.
- Maintain and update documentation.
- Interactions with human subjects.
- Collaborate with scientists and engineering in tasks/processes related to the development of key technologies which may include:
- Support the preparation and data collection for large experiments.
- Communicate results or designs to others in the organization.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Two years of coursework and enrollment in an accredited bachelor’s degree program.
- Passionate desire to work at the forefront of science and technology.
- Ability to follow standard test methods, component specifications, and laboratory SOPs.
- Experience with design or data plotting/processing software preferred.
- Must possess the ability to balance and execute on multiple tasks in time sensitive situations, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills.
Eccrine Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.