Realizing the Promise
Sweat holds great promise as the best non-invasive source for real-time trending and analysis of molecular biomarkers that can be directly correlated with blood biomarkers, and other gold standard references, and translated into meaningful results and actionable information. However, realizing this promise is a highly sophisticated engineering and scientific challenge. Serious applications for medicine, industry, and sport demand analytical accuracy and market-enabling predictive values that have been proven using validated on-body studies.
Multiple biotechnology challenges must be overcome to improve the actionable value of sweat molecular data, including:
- Biosensor specificity, sensitivity, stability and longevity
- Controlling for variability in sweat rate
- Sweat stimulation during periods of low availability
- Minimizing the influence of external factors
- Statistically valid correlations to systemic physiological function and dysfunction
Solutions to these and other important challenges are at the core of our mission to improve global health, safety, and productivity, through the innovation and development of advanced sweat sensor technologies.