Research & Development Engineer
Job Description: We are seeking highly motivated individuals to lead engineering projects on a rapidly-evolving series of prototypes for wearable sweat-sensing devices. Successful candidates will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary product development team for our flexible Sweatronics® platform.
Position: Full-time. Reports to VP Research & Development.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
The following Job Duties are examples of the type of work the individual will do. Specific work plans are tailored around the skills of the individual and current business needs.
- Developing and supporting engineering related projects to facilitate the technology and product development process.
- Designing and carrying-out hypothesis driven experiments, understanding both theoretical and practical aspects of the experimental design.
- Translating functional needs into specifications.
- Leading the design and selection of hardware and/or software to improve the functionality of the wearable device.
- Collaborating with a team of scientists and engineers to integrate various components and systems into a device for medicine, industry, and sport.
- Understanding the state of the science in this field.
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in bioengineering, chemical, electrical, mechanical, materials, or biomedical engineering.
- Innovative problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records.
If interested in this position, please apply below. All inquiries are handled confidentially.
Eccrine Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.