Software Development Intern/Co-op
Job Description: Eccrine Systems is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our R&D Team as a Software Development Intern/Co-op. This individual will participate in the development of internal software, to be used by researchers and engineers, that will assist in the collection and analysis of experimental data.
Position: 40 hrs/wk. Reports to the Technology Manager.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Developing and maintaining software that meets our lab scientists’ needs for analyzing experimental data.
- Engaging in experimental design to better understand and implement the software needs of our lab scientists.
- Creating and maintaining software for laboratory automation platforms that collect, store, and organize data.
- Supporting senior software developers and data scientists in coding-related tasks.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other software-focused degree program, and 1-2 years of experience in a software-related internship/co-op.
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages, including at least one data-focused language such as MATLAB, R, or Python, as well as some in the C-family (C, C++, C#, Java, etc).
- Experience implementing or maintaining software designed for robustness and long-term use.
- Experience creating software as part of a team of developers working towards a single product.
- Familiarity with Git or other version control system.
- Passion for software, science, and problem-solving.
- Mathematically-minded, with a good understanding of statistics and signal processing techniques.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
If interested in this position, please apply below. All inquiries are handled confidentially.
Eccrine Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.