Supply chain director
Job Description: We are seeking a highly motivated individual to lead the strategic and tactical management of the company’s worldwide supply chain, including sourcing, procurement, logistics and quality control.
Position: Full or part-time. Reports to SVP of Commercialization
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
The following Job Duties are examples of the type of work the individual will do. Specific work plans are tailored around the skills of the individual and current business needs.
- Responsible for the strategic sourcing, including identifying potential suppliers, evaluating their capabilities and maintaining a network of suppliers to allow the company to quickly respond to changing needs.
- Manage the supply base through the new product development cycle, including identification of potential manufacturing options (ranging from contract manufacturer’s through internal assembly), testing and packaging options.
- Maximize supply chain efficiency and effectiveness in meeting the demands of a rapidly growing production/manufacturing operation.
- Negotiate costs, lead time, production schedule with potential suppliers, and work with the CFO while awarding orders to selected suppliers.
- Coordinate the issuance of purchase orders and manage the logistics of shipping, importation and delivery of final products.
- Monitor supplier production cycles and coordinate necessary 3rd party quality testing and inspection requirements.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Solid understanding of world-wide manufacturing disciplines, strategic sourcing, purchasing and logistics.
- Very strong communication skills to effectively exchange information with suppliers on matters of sourcing, product design and problem resolution.
- Expertise in negotiating supplier contracts, creating and analyzing bids.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of experience in supply chain management.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
If interested in this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to note "Supply Chain Director" and attach a PDF of your resume (and/or share your LinkedIn profile). All inquiries are handled confidentially.
Eccrine Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.